Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Effects of Teen Driving

After reading New York times article "Teenagers, Friends, and Bad Decisions" I thought about how the article affects my life and the way my friends affect the way that I drive. Being a new driver I am already concerned with my own driving and when friends are in the car they add new distractions. However, on the contrary to the article there have been many times where I have been driving with a friend and they gave me helpful advice. Not being completely dependent on my friends, although it does help to know that you have a second set of eyes in the car. In the part of the article where it talked about the teens driving faster when there friends were watching,I think that is mainly an ego issue. For me personally, it is better to be safe than to show off to friends. No matter how cool you think you look in driving fast and making idiotic decisions, your putting your friends in danger. The article in entirety was a good read and interesting, however it is clumping teenagers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment